Mixtiles vs PhotoSquared
If you’re like most of us, you’ve probably wondered what to do with all the photos you have on your phone. You certainly don’t want to delete them. Mixtiles and PhotoSquared are two unique apps that help you turn your photos into works of art.
They allow you to choose your favorite photos, have them printed, and sent over to you in the form of 8” × 8” photo boards that you can stick on your wall. This is facilitated by an adhesive that comes within the packaging. The boards are lightweight, reusable, and easily removable.
Both apps are available on iOS and Android and provide one of the simplest ways to style your walls. Considering that both provide the same service, choosing either can prove difficult. The description below provides an overview of each together with their pros and cons.
Mixtiles allows you to order photo boards that showcase your favorite photos. The boards can be easily moved from one place to another without damaging the paint that’s on the wall. The first set of three tiles is priced at $49. Buyers get to include additional tiles for $9 a piece. Launch the app, pick your favorite photos, and submit for processing. Shipping is free and tiles are delivered ready to use.
- Tiles are easy to put up.
- The adhesive causes no damage to painted walls
- The company follows up to check on their user experience and offers great customer service.
- High-quality tiles and great packaging.
- The company offers refunds and replacements to unsatisfied customers.
- Shipping is reliable and fast.
- Compared to other apps, tiles are somewhat pricey. Earlier on, each tile cost $9. This later changed to $49 for the first three tiles plus $9 for any additional tiles.
- For large orders, photos may appear grainy and dark.
Just like Mixtiles, PhotoSquared provides a way of turning your digital photos into décor. Once you choose your favorite photos from the app, you can place your order, and you’re your boards processed in a few days. It not only provides a convenient and easy way to style your walls, but also offers a way of gifting friends and family. Photos are printed on light-weight matte-finished photo boards that can be stuck on any flat surface. The first four squares go for $44 while additional squares go for $9 each.
- Fast, reliable, and free shipping
- Great square quality. Photos are printed on 0.5” thick foam boards.
- The ink used is UV-resistant to prevent photos from wearing.
- Reasonable pricing compared to other apps.
- The adhesive rips paint off the wall
- Sometimes, photos may be stretched and warped
- Poor customer services.
Overview and Conclusion
The choice between the two apps narrows down to cost, customer service, and quality of the product. If you’re looking for affordability, PhotoSquared is your best bet. However, if you’re looking for high-quality products accompanied by great customer service, Mixtiles is the better of the two.